Style & Beauty Checklist for Music Festivals
With the summer music festival in full swing, I thought to do a post on what to pack in your festival kit. This by no means is an exhaustive list, but it will certainly so you for a weekend of music, mayhem and mud!
- Plenty of socks and undies
- Clothes with zip-up pockets
- Thin ‘layers’ that you can add/remove according to the weather
- Waterproof mac
- Warm hoodie or fleece
- Comfy footwear (no heels or flip-flops)
- Vaseline with SPF
- Travel toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dry shampoo (e.g. Batiste)
- Unfragranced baby wipes
- Antiperspirant deodorant (e.g. Mitchums)
- Mini first aid kit (including Paracetamol, plasters, Anthisan cream).
- Tampons/sanitary pads
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Tinted moisturiser with SPF
- Waterproof mascara
- Waterproof eyeliner
- Multi-function product for lips and cheeks (e.g. Benefit Benetint)
- Lip gloss
- Compact mirror
The Last Few Bits
- The obvious things that people forget – ticket, ID and money!
- Map and itinerary
- Bottles of water
- Toilet paper
- Travel torch (plus spare batteries)
- Food/snacks e.g. nuts, cereal bars etc.
- Bin-liners (they work as ponchos, seat covers, laundry bags, rubbish bins etc.)
- Pillowcase (stuff it with clothes and it turns into a pillow)
- Spare tent pegs
Learn From My Past Mistakes
- Pack light.
- Ensure your ‘kit bag’ is comfortable and easy to carry.
- Don’t bring valuables.
- Wear old or cheap clothes so as you won’t mind if they get lost/damaged.
- Have a full set of clean, dry clothes to wear on the way home.
- If you’re camping, be sure to put some sort of a marker on your tent so that you’ll be able to recognize it amongst thousands of similar-looking tents!
- Make a mental note of where you parked the car or where your bus will be collecting you.
Have I omitted anything glaringly obvious? If so, be sure to add your thoughts to the comment box below.
Enjoy festival season!