Caroline’s Style Survey Results
I recently conducted an on-line style survey to ascertain Irish women’s opinions on style and shopping. The results certainly show interesting patterns of behaviour when it comes to wardrobe management and shopping, with Irish women demonstrating a keen love of shopping, but perhaps more mixed emotions towards wardrobe management!
- Certainly, my findings suggest that Irish women’s wardrobes don’t always match their lifestyle needs.
- In response to the question, “have you ever despaired’ I’ve nothing to wear’”, a whopping 95% of respondents answered yes! By the same token, 4 out of 5 people wear LESS THAN 60% of their wardrobe contents.
- Although our wardrobes aren’t fulfilling our lifestyle needs, Irish women aren’t averse to decluttering. 28% do an annual clear-out and a further 40% will reach for the refuse sacks at least every 2 years.
- As legend would have it, most Irish women are partial to clothes-shopping, with only 1 in 10 respondents stating that they dislike shopping.
- Most are regular shoppers; 16% shop once a week, a further 27% shop once a fortnight and another 28% once a month.
- High street chain stores are the preferred shopping destination for half of our respondents, followed by department stores. 10% favoured second-hand, vintage and charity stores, 8% prefer boutiques, and 6% cited the Internet as being their favorite place to shop.
- Half of those surveyed spend up to €100 a month on clothes and accessories. A further 38% will spend up to €250 a month, and 1 in 10 spends up to €500 a month.
There was no shortage of nominations for favourite Irish Celebrity dresser; Kathryn Thomas topped the poll, followed by Amy Huberman and Grainne Seoige in joint second place, and Yvonne Keating in third place. Other honourable mentions include; Celia Holman Lee, Lorraine Keane, Imelda May, Glenda Gilson, Andrea Corr, Sharon Ní Bheoláin, Saoirse Ronan, Sile Seoige and Victoria Smurfit, to name but a few.
Kathryn Thomas – voted Ireland’s most stylish
Thank you to all who took the time to compete our survey; your assistance is hugely appreciated.
If you have any queries on this survey, don’t hesitate to contact me.